Group Counselling – Emotion Regulation Skills
Are you having a difficult time managing your emotions?
Do you often feel overwhelmed, impulsive, or struggle to stay in the moment?
Do you want to learn how to better navigate your emotions and relationships, but you don’t know where to look?
Do you wish you had more tools to cope with negative events around you?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Emotion Regulation Skills Group could be the solution you’ve been seeking. Informed by a therapeutic approach called Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), this skills group is designed to help you learn skills to cope with overwhelming emotions, reduce impulsivity, foster relationships, and achieve your own personal goals.
In these skills group sessions, clients learn skills and tools while sharing their thoughts and experiences with the whole group, creating a safe and supportive environment of people who understand what you’re going through.
If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed or disconnected, Emotion Regulation skills group could help you improve your everyday life.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep ignoring painful or negative emotions
- You judge yourself for feeling overwhelmed
- You want to improve your own relationships
- You’re interested in therapy, but want to try something lower pressure than individual therapy
- You want to learn skills to help you manage your emotions
- You’re looking for expert help improving your life
…Then Emotion Regulation skills group could be right for you.
Through 8 weekly sessions, here is what you can expect to learn and achieve in Emotion Regulation skills group:
- Understand your emotions and learn how to treat them as your friends
- Stop unwanted emotions before they start, and change them when they do
- Increase your resilience to difficult situations
- Reduce suffering when emotions become overwhelming
- Become more in tune with your moments and the world around you
The next available skills group begins in the Fall of 2022
September 14th – November 2nd (Open for sign-ups)
This group meets every Wednesday evening for 90 minutes, in-person at our NewVista Psychology and Counselling offices.
Total cost for Emotion Regulation Skills group: $960 = $120 x 8 weekly skills group sessions.
If you’re looking for help in improving your everyday life – or for a more community-oriented therapy experience – you would be a great fit for our skills group services. Please reach out to us today for an assessment for skills group or to schedule your first appointment.